You’re probably wondering what is Voxer? Well simply put, it’s a walkie talkie app that lets you talk to anyone anytime. All you need is the app that can be downloaded for free on both iPhone and Android devices. The app allows you to use voice, text, and photos for as a great group messaging tool. What’s great about this professional tool is that you can instantly communicate with Physical Education professionals from all over the world. Of course, there are upgrades that cost money. I use the free subscription and for me that’s all I need. If you’re looking to upgrade you can do that too for a cost. You can upgrade to Voxer Pro for $3.99 a month or $29.00 a year to add extras like larger group chats, share from Dropbox, increased storage, Walkie Talkie mode (instantly receive messages even when you’re not in the app) and downloading messages to your desktop or laptop.
If you think this would work for you here is how you can get started.
Watch this great youtube tutorial by Jo Bailey (@LovePhyEd). She explains how to download the app and everything you need to get started with this awesome professional development collaboration tool. You can find it at this link:
Also, Mike Graham (@pe4everykid) has taken the time to make a great Physical Education Voxer Chat Groups Google Doc that lists ALL the different PE chat groups to participate in. To join a group, just contact the administrator of the group on voxer. Let them know you’d like to be added.
* Like us on Facebook @ fb.com/voxer
* Follow us on Twitter @ twitter.com/voxer
Here’s a the list of Voxer Chat Groups I thought might be useful for most Physical Education professionals The most updated list will always be found on the Google Doc mentioned above.
– teaching PE for students with special needs
Admin: Mike Graham |
– discussing elementary physed
Admin: Helena Baert |
– assessment, data-driven instruction, grading, report cards
Admin: Mike Graham |
– for teachers interested/using this app in PE
Admin: Nick Endlich |
– run a Field Day at your school? Get ideas here!
Admin: Dave Carney |
– all things fitness testing related
Admin: Samantha Nelson |
– for all MS & HS health teachers
Admin: Jenny Wamsley |
– incorporating cross-curricular content into PE lessons
Admin: Lynn Burrows |
– Q&A on technology in PE
Admin: Matthew Bassett |
– teachers who have large PE class sizes
Admin: Ben Pirillo |
– learn about the Plickers assessment system
Admin: Kevin Tiller |